You wouldn’t buy a car, then never have it serviced or run the latest update on your mobile or computer. The same should be true for your WordPress website. A maintenance package will keep your website secure, quick and displaying correctly.
Any WordPress website needs to be maintained once it is complete and all websites need security checks, monitoring, scheduled backups andregular updates.
After investing so much time and money into your website site, why would you not look after and fully utilise that investment?
A WordPress maintenance plan includes everything you need to protect your WordPress website. It ensures that visitors to your website have the best experience and gives a positive reflection of your business.
What is a maintenance package?
A maintenance package is a service that includes everything you need to maintain your WordPress website. But what should expect from a maintenance package?
What’s included in this service will vary from company to company, but generally the features listed below should be found in a good WordPress maintenance plan.
- Security – A security plugin and monitoring of your website for any attempts on the security of your site.
- Malware scanning – Finding and removing any malware from your website.
- Regular backups – Scheduled and ongoing backups of your website, which can easily be restored.
- Uptime monitoring – Regular checking to see if your website is up and reporting to you if it goes down.
- WordPress updates – Applying WordPress core updates when they become available.
- Plugin and theme updates – Plugin and theme updates as they appear.
- Speed and performance optimisation – Enhancing your site’s speed.
- Technical support – Completing any technical website changes that you need and answering your questions about WordPress or your website.
- Fix broken links – Searching for and fixing any links that lead to a page that is broken or no longer exists
- Testing environment – The ability to create an exact duplicate of your website for testing purposes.
- Website review – Review your website’s use of installed plugins and themes with suggestions on how to optimise their usage and the performance of your website.
- Training – training videos, one-on-one support to help you learn how to use WordPress and answer any questions you may have about your website.
When you’re searching for a WordPress maintenance plan, be sure to pick one that has most or all of these features such as my Peace Of Mind plan.
WHY YOU NEED A MAINTENANCE PLAN
How do you know if you really need a maintenance package? Any WordPress website that needs to be live and reliable would benefit from a maintenance plan.
Websites for businesses that directly or indirectly lead to sales, is a perfect example of sites that definitely need this service.
There are many reasons why your WordPress site needs a maintenance package to help grow your business and not just to stay live.
Here are the top five reasons why your WordPress website needs a maintenance package:
1. Maintenance Is a Non-Negotiable
Maintaining your WordPress site is a necessity and should be done on a regular basis.
If you’re not updating plugins and themes and keeping up with the security of your site, then you are making it vulnerable to being hacked. Even a well coded WordPress theme and plugin can still be vulnerable to attack if you don’t keep them updated. Updates often include security improvements and fix bugs or vulnerabilities.
Unless you want your site to get hacked, maintaining your WordPress site isn’t just an option – it’s absolutely critical.
2. Peace Of Mind
Your WordPress website needs to be properly maintained. While you could do some of it yourself, there will be some technical knowledge required to fix many common issues:
- Backups don’t always work and you may be unable to restore your site if a backup is corrupted.
- Forgetting to update your site when you are busy with your business may result in the site being hacked or displaying/functioning incorrectly due to outdated plugins.
- Having too many plugins installed would result in site that is slow to load, and adversely effects your SEO and search rankings.
- You could make a change that breaks your site, forcing you to spend hours troubleshooting the issue.
- Your site could have malware without you even knowing about it.
- You could have several broken links on your site that makes for a poor user experience and not even know about it.
A maintenance package will take care of all the above for you. You don’t even have to think about it. It’s all about peace of mind.
3. Time & Effort
When it comes to a WordPress site, you could easily spend hours, or even days, fixing issues and errors that arise.
Maintaining your WordPress site yourself costs you time.
By investing in a maintenance package, you could save yourself a whole lot of mess and time. Outsourcing these all-important tasks to someone else can free up your time.
You can get on with your day and focus on other important tasks like growing your business or spending time with your family.
4. It Will Save The Day
It’s all too easy to make a mistake that could cost you an enormous amount of time to fix, you don’t need the stress and you don’t have the time.
Having to fix a site due to lack of maintenance or clients thinking they were saving themselves money by doing it themselves happens more often than I would like.
Initially it may seem cost-effective to maintain your site on your own, a maintenance plan is there in at a moment’s notice should something happen to your site. You will have a current back up and your site can be restored immediately.
5. Money Well Spent
A maintenance package can actually save you money. On average, it costs about £50 per hour to have a developer work on your site, so fixing errors resulting from not keeping your site up to date can be very costly. The cost of larger errors can quickly escalate.
Top companies know the importance of keeping their website well maintained and employ web developers to maintain it daily.
A maintenance package ensures your online presence is first class, your business (especially if you are selling products online) is running smoothly and gives your customers the experience they expect.
Who wouldn’t pay for peace of mind when it comes to their business?
If you have questions about maintenance of your website or your current maintenance plan I’d be happy to answer them.
If you want to know more about me and my branding and web designs services, I offer a free consultation and would be happy to chat to you.
and lets chat about your business & website maintenance